MethylCollector Ultra Advantages
- High affinity binding provides greater enrichment than other MBD capture or antibody-based methods
- Fast magnetic bead based protocol is completed in less than 3 hours
- Specifically detects methylated CpGs from 1 ng - 1 µg of DNA fragmented by sonication or enzymatic digestion
- Includes positive control DNA and PCR primers to ensure success
- Eluted DNA is suitable for various downstream applications
Methylated CpG Island Recovery Assay (MIRA)
MethylCollector™ Ultra is based on the Methylated CpG Island Recovery Assay (MIRA) which utilize a His-tagged recombinant methyl-binding protein complex, comprised of MBD2b/MBD3L1, that specifically binds methylated CpGs of genomic DNA fragments that have been prepared by sonication or enzymatic digestion. Nickel-coated magnetic beads capture the protein-DNA complexes which are separated from the rest of the genomic DNA using the included magnet. Optimized buffers ensure that fragments with little or no methylation are removed. The methylated DNA is then eluted from the beads in the presence of Proteinase K. Following clean up, the eluted DNA is ready for use in PCR analysis or other downstream applications. See Flow Chart of MethylCollector™ Ultra process below.
The Methylated CpG Island Recovery Assay (MIRA) utilizes the high affinity of the MBD2b/MBD3L1 complex for methylated DNA1, to provide better enrichment than assays that use the methyl-binding protein MBD2 alone2. MethylCollector™ Ultra can efficiently enrich for methylated DNA from as few as 170 cells (~1 ng DNA).
Flow Chart of the MethylCollector™ Ultra process.