Fluorescent Antibody Labeling Kits
quick and easy kits to conjugate your antibody to Chromeo Dyes
Active Motif's Chromeo™ Antibody Labeling Kits enable you to label your antibodies and proteins with the superior fluorescence of our Chromeo Dyes. Convenient kits for labeling with the Chromeo 488, 494, 546 and 642 Dyes are available. Chromeo conjugates will exhibit a bright fluorescence and additional superior luminescence properties, like broad Stokes shifts, stability towards photobleaching and pH, and low cell toxicity.
Figure 1: Tubulin staining in HeLa cells.
To ensure that you get the best results possible, we highly recommend that you use Chromeo Dyes together with our MAX Stain™ Immunofluorescence Tools, as those components have been formulated to optimize the performance of the Chromeo Dyes.
|Chromeo™ 488 Antibody Labeling Kit||1 kit||15090||$365||Buy Now|
|Chromeo™ 494 Antibody Labeling Kit||1 kit||15091||$365||Buy Now|
|Chromeo™ 546 Antibody Labeling Kit||1 kit||15092||$365||Buy Now|
|Chromeo™ 642 Antibody Labeling Kit||1 kit||15093||$365||Buy Now|
Chromeo Antibody Labeling Kits provide the Chromeo Dye of your choice lyophilized in convenient one-time-use amounts with purification columns and reagents for three labeling reactions. Each kit provides sufficient activated amine-reactive Chromeo Dye and reagents for 3 separate reactions that will label 1 mg of antibody each.
Figure 1: Lamin staining in fixed HeLa cells.
Chromeo Antibody Labeling Kit advantages
- Easy – just mix dye and antibody
- Quick – labeled antibody ready in 1 hour
- Affordable – costs much less than custom orders
- Optimized – rely on Active Motif Chromeon expertise
Chromeo™ Dyes – Chromeo 488, Chromeo 494, Chromeo 546 and Chromeo 642 – are bright fluorescent labels that replace Alexa Fluor*, DyLight* or Cy*-dyes. They are compatible with most excitation sources including diode lasers, LEDs, tungsten lamps and xenon arc lamps.
Chromeo™ Dye advantages
- High intensity
- Photostability – the combination with MAX Stain™ reagents provides optimal fluorescent stability for multiple exposures and increased exposure time
- Room temperature incubations
- pH insensitive
- Low background
- Easy to use – no harsh chemicals required for conjugation
Fluorescent Chromeo Dyes serve as bright labels for antibodies and other biomolecules, enabling detection in immunofluorescence, high content screening, ELISA and FRET applications, as well as in flow cytometry.
|Dye||Absorption||Emission||Spectra||ε L/(mol-cm)||Stokes shift|
|Chromeo™ 488||488 nm||517 nm||73,000||29 nm|
|Chromeo™ 494||494 nm||628 nm||55,000||124 nm|
|Chromeo™ 546||545 nm||561 nm||98,800||16 nm|
|Chromeo™ 642||642 nm||660 nm||180,000||18 nm|
|Table 1: Properties of Chromeo Dyes.|
To receive more detailed information and application data about individual Chromeo dyes, simply "click" on the name or on the spectrum of the Chromeo dye of your choice in the table above.
The Fluorescent Antibody Labeling Kits have been cited in the following publications:
- “PAI-1 inhibits neutrophil efferocytosis” by Park et al (2008) PNAS 105(33):11784-11789. (Chromeo 642 Antibody Labeling Kit)
- “High Mobility Group Protein-1 Inhibits Phagocytosis of Apoptotic neutrophils through Binding to Phosphatidylserine” by Liu et al (2008) J. of Immunology 181:4240-4246. (Chromeo 546 Antibody Labeling Kit and Chromeo 642 Antibody Labeling Kit )
- “Participation of the urokinase receptor in neutrophil efferocytosis” by Park et al (2009) Blood 114(4):860-870. (Chromeo 488 Antibody Labeling Kit)
- “Participation of the Receptor for Advanced Glycation End Products in Efferocytosis” by Friggeri et al (2011) J.of Immunology 168:6191-6198. (Chromeo 488 Antibody Labeling Kit)
- “Extracellular Histones Inhibit Efferocytosis” by Friggeri et al (2012) Mol Med 18:825-833. (Chromeo 488 Antibody Labeling Kit)
Contents & Storage
3 vials of Chromeo Dye, 3 purification columns, Coupling Buffer, Elution Buffer and DMF. Chromeo Dyes should be stored at -20°C and all other components should be stored at 4°C. All reagents are guaranteed stable for 6 months when stored properly.
The 1 ml vial of MAXfluor™ Mounting Medium, which is delivered with the Chromeo 488 Antibody Labeling Kit, should be stored at 4°C in the dark.
*All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.