|Aliases: Sinefungin, 5'-Deoxy-5'-(1,4-diamino-4-carboxybutyl)adenosine; A-9145; Adenosylornithine; Antibiotic 32232RP|
|Catalog No: 14088||Format: 5 mg||Discontinued|
|Catalog No: 14089||Format: 1 mg||Discontinued|
|Application: DNA Methylation|
MW = 381.4
>98% (HPLC); NMR (Conforms)
Nucleoside S-adenosyl-1-methionine analog. Potent, competitive methyltransferase (protein, DNA, and RNA methyltransferase) inhibitor (Ref 1,2). IC50 > 1.0 and 2.5 µM for PRMT1 and SET7/9, respectively (ref 3). Binds with greater affinity to the adenine-specific DNA methyltransferase M.TaqI than S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine (ref 4). Inhibits biofilm formation by Streptococcus pneumoniae (ref 5).
This product has been discontinued:
Tan powder. May be dissolved in water (20 mg/ml).
Store desiccated as supplied at -20°C for up to 2 years. Store solutions at -20°C for up to 1 month.
1. C Barbes et al. FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 1990, 57:239
2. MJ Yebra et al. J Antibiot. (Tokyo) 1991, 44:1141
3. D Cheng et al. J. Biol. Chem. 2004, 279:23892
4. G Schluckebier et al. J. Mol. Biol. 1997, 265:56
5. MK Yadav et al. Biomed. Res. Int. 2014, 2014:156987