Chromatin Club Down Under
The Chromatin Club Down Under (CCDU) was formed by Dr. Sarah Diermeier (University of Otago, New Zealand) and Dr. Stefan Dillinger (Active Motif, Carlsbad, CA USA). This online scientific event aims to connect researchers located primarily in Australia and New Zealand, to promote scientific exchange, and facilitate networking between students, postdocs, and PIs interested in epigenetic research.
The scientific focus of the club is broad, and we intend to bridge basic, applied, and translational epigenetics research. CCDU events aim to host two Keynote Speakers, in addition to talks from Associate and Assistant Professors to discuss epigenetics events in cancer, development, stem cells, and related fields.
Upcoming Event Details
Previous Event Details
Date: March 29, 2023
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (NZDT) / 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m (PDT) *on March 28*
- Tim Hore - Associate Professor, Dept. of Anatomy, University of Otago
Epigenetic Clocks and Androgen
- Nadine Hein, Ph.D. - Research Fellow, Australian National University
Changes in Ribosomal DNA Chromatin During Malignant Transformation
- Amy Osborne, Ph.D. - Sr. Lecturer, Genomics, University of Canterbury
Does DNA Methylation Mediate the Link Between Prenatal Cannabis Exposure and Poor Neurodevelopmental Outcomes in Children?
Date: August 11th, 2021
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00p.m. (NZT)
- Professor Julia Horsfield, University of Otago – “The Cohesin Complex and Gene Regulation in Response to Signaling Pathways”
- Professor David Tremethick, Australian National University – “Linking Chromatin Structure with Function: The Essential Role of Histone Variants”
- Dr. Melanie Eckersley-Maslin, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre – “Epigenetic Plasticity in Development and Cancer”
- Dr. Tracy Hale, Massey University – “Exploring the Role of HP1α in Restraining Cell Invasion”
- Dr. Rwik Sen, Active Motif, Inc. – “Advanced Sample Preparation Methods Enabling Multi-omics Experiments”
Hosted By: Sarah Diermeier, University of Otago, and Stefan Dillinger, Active Motif, Inc.