Active Motif, Inc. including affiliates Active Motif S.A., Active Motif Japan, and Active Motif China ("us", "we", or "our"), operates this website and other systems & processes under our direct control (the "Service"). Active Motif, Inc. is the United States parent company of this group.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. It is our intent to comply with the European Union Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, sometimes called the GDPR.
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is you, i.e. a living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
Personal Data means data about a living individual (e.g. you) who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
The User is you, i.e. the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you i.e., Personal Data. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send, or by writing to us at the address below.
We may also collect information about how the Service is accessed and used, i.e. Usage Data. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so ("Location Data"). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings. This may, however, disable certain features of the Service. For example, product availability and pricing are both location-dependent.
Cookies & Tracking Data
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service. Cookies we use may be "Session" cookies that are deleted after the browser session ends, or "Persistent" cookies that remain on your computer between browser sessions.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session and Persistent Cookies. We use both Session and Persistent cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Active Motif, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information
Retention of Data
Active Motif, Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
When you provide Personal Data and information to us, you consent to the transfer and processing of your information in the United States. Our Service and websites are hosted in the United States.
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Active Motif, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
"Do Not Track" Signals
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set for some websites in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you, or if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at the address below.
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to us. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("third parties" or "Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Links To Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- We will comply with applicable laws and regulations regarding Personal Information, including the including the Act on the Protection of Personal Information in Japan (“APPI”).
- When acquiring Personal Information, we shall specify the purposes for which it will be used and notify the proper person(s) or publicly announce it (including as announced in this Additional Policy), and acquire it through legal and fair means.
- Except as otherwise provided by law, we will use Personal Information only to the extent required to achieve the following.
- to supply our products and services (see additional information below concerning use of human genetic information for products and services).
- to provide information about our products and/or services
- to respond to requests from our customers
- to develop products and services, and to improve the quality of products and/or services
- in accordance with a prior agreement with or consent of the proper person(s).
- We will endeavor to ensure Personal Information is accurate and up-to-date within the scope of our intended use and will take reasonable measures needed to prevent unauthorized access, loss, leakage, or falsification of Personal Information.
- When subcontracting the handling of Personal Information, we will select a subcontractor with a sufficient level of safety control and conduct the necessary and appropriate supervision by such means as concluding a contract with the subcontractor which includes the measures to protect Personal Information.
- Except as otherwise provided by law, we will not disclose or provide Personal Information to any third party without the consent of the proper person(s).
- We may share the following items of Personal Information with our group companies listed on our website within the scope of the purposes of use above.
- Personal Information for joint use Name, address, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail address, place of work, department, position, and information regarding transactions with us (see additional information below concerning use of human genetic information for products and services)
- Chief administrator for joint use Active Motif, Inc., Carlsbad, CA, USA
- We collect IP addresses to manage our websites (collectively referred to as “the website”). We collect IP addresses solely for the purpose of properly managing and operating the website and will not use IP addresses in conjunction with Personal Information.
- Our Company will respond promptly and appropriately to inquiries from a person for whom we hold Personal information, including requests to disclose Personal Information of such person in our possession, requests to correct or delete any errors, and other proper requests, after confirming that such requests have been submitted by the proper person(s).
- We undertake to continuously develop and improve our internal systems through educational and other means so that our employees and others understand the importance of protecting the Personal Information and that they properly handle Personal Information.
Additional provisions related to genetic/genomic Personal Information:
- We will follow the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information and the Ethical Guidelines for Human Genome / Gene Analysis Research.
- We will only use such genetic/genomic Personal Information in accordance with a prior agreement with the requester/customer who supplies such Personal Information.
- Except for instructions from the requester/customer such as disposal / return of samples / information after the agreement ends, or unless a deadline is set separately, the sample / information will be discarded or deleted from the server after a reasonable period of time after the agreed work is completed.
- Genetic/genomic Personal Information is any such information that can identify a particular individual. This includes whole-nucleus genome sequence data, whole-exome sequence data, whole-genome SNP data, sequence data consisting of 40 or more independent SNPs, 4-base STR of 9 loci or more.
Active Motif Co., Ltd.
Azuma Bldg, 7th Floor
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail:
Privacy/Information Security Manager
1914 Palomar Oaks Way, Suite 150
Carlsbad, CA 92008