DNase I Treatment Kit
improves RNA purity
The DNase I Treatment Kit utilizes an endonuclease that non-specifically cleaves ssDNA, dsDNA and the DNA strand of RNA:DNA hybrids to improve the purity of your RNA samples. Following DNase I treatment, RNA samples are purified with easy-to-use spin columns. RNA is suitable for use in downstream applications such as RT-qPCR and RNA-seq.
|DNase I Treatment Kit||30 rxns||25502||$260||Buy|
- Efficiently remove genomic DNA from RNA samples
- Cleaves ssDNA, dsDNA and the DNA strand of RNA:DNA hybrids
- Includes RNA purification reagents for cleanup following DNase I treatment
Advantages of DNase I Treatment:
- Eliminate any trace genomic DNA contamination from your RNA sample
- Avoid reverse transcription quantitative PCR (RT-qPCR) bias that could be caused by contaminating genomic DNA serving as the PCR template
- Increase the accuracy of your RNA-seq by removing all the DNA from the sample to ensure the sequencing reads are specific to the RNA sample
Figure 1: Agarose gel of nuclear and cytoplasmic RNA fractions.
Figure 2: TapeStation analysis of nuclear RNA fractions before and after DNase I treatment.
Contents & Storage
Please note that the DNase I Treatment Kits are shipped on dry ice and contain reagents with multiple storage temperatures inside. Please store each component at the temperature indicated below. All reagents are guaranteed stable for 6 months from date of receipt when stored properly.This kit includes the following components:
- DNase I (2 U/µl); Store at -20°C
- DNase I Stop Solution; Store at 4°C
- 10X DNase I Reaction Buffer 2; Store at 4°C
- Buffer G; Store at 4°C
- Purification Columns; Store at RT
- DEPC Water; Store at RT