|Aliases: 4-Amino-1-β-D-ribofuranosyl-1,3,5-triazin-2(1H)-one Ladakamycin; U-18496; NSC-102816; 5-AzaC|
|Catalog No: 14102||Format: 250 mg||$85||Buy|
|Catalog No: 14103||Format: 50 mg||$25||Buy|
|Application: DNA Methylation|
MW = 244.2
MP = 226-232°C (dec.)
>98% (TLC); NMR (Conforms)
Specific and potent inhibitor of DNA methyltransferase, DNMT1 (ref 1). Acts as a suicide substrate for methyltransferases after incorporation into DNA (ref 1). Induces apoptosis in HCT-116 colon cancer cells which is mediated by p53 and its downstream effectors p21 (WAF1) and GADD45 (ref 2). Increases stem cell reprogramming efficiency (ref 3). Induces cardiac differentiation of human umbilical cord-derived MSCs (ref 4). Reverses drug resistance in bladder cancer cells (ref 5). Antileukemic agent (ref 6). Cell permeable.
White powder. May be dissolved in DMSO (25 mg/ml); Water (12 mg/ml).
Store desiccated as supplied at -20°C for up to 2 years. Store solutions at -20°C for up to 1 month.
1. C Stresemann and F Lyko Int. J. Cancer 2008, 123:8
2. R Schneider-Stock et al. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 2005, 312:525
3. TS Mikkelsen et al. Nature 2008 454:49
4. Q Qian et al. Stem Cells Dev. 2012, 21:67
5. K Ramachandran et al. Anticancer Res. 2011, 31:3757
6. J-PJ Issa et al. Clin. Cancer Res. 2009, 15:3939