The LightSwitch™ Validated CREB Pathway Collection is a comprehensive set of sequence-verified, transfection-ready, promoter reporter constructs that can be used to accurately quantify transcriptional activation and repression in response to induction of the cyclic-AMP pathway. These constructs are a subset of the 18,000-member LightSwitch Promoter Reporter GoClone® Collection that were selected based on sequence motif analysis, published information and in-house analysis of each promoter's activity* using our LightSwitch Luciferase Assay.
The CREB Biomarker Set contains 8 of the highest responding promoters under our chosen test conditions, as well as the promoters of 2 housekeeping genes (Figure 1). The CREB Profiling Plate contains 88 promoter reporter constructs that showed significant activation or repression in response to induction (See the CREB Profiling Plate tab below for data and a list of constructs).
|LightSwitch™ CREB Biomarker Set||1 set||32082||$3,500||Buy|
|LightSwitch™ Luciferase Assay System Profile|
|Gene Regulation Products & Services Brochure|
|Tools for Disease Research|
|Tools for Drug Discovery|
The CREB (cAMP responsive element binding protein) signaling pathway regulates a variety of biological processes including cell survival and proliferation, glucose regulation, neuronal differentiation, and long-term memory formation. The CREB transcription factor family – CREB, CRE-modulatory protein (CREM) and activating transcription factor 1 (ATF-1) activate transcription by binding to CREs in the promoter regions of target genes. CREB responds to a number of stimuli including various important signal transduction cascades. The richness of CREB signaling illustrates its significance as a key regulator of the expression of a multitude of physiologically important genes.
The collection of validated LightSwitch CREB-related promoter reporters enables you to:
- Understand the mechanisms by which CREB regulated genes are induced or repressed
- Quantify the functional consequences of transcription factor binding – while many other technologies give a qualitative view of transcription factor level, our promoter reporter assays quantify the effects of transcription factor binding
- Confirm data from ChIP, ChIP-chip or ChIP-Seq experiments
- Measure the effect of sequence variants and mutagenesis on promoter function
- Screen for promoter activation or develop activity profiles across the CREB signaling pathway for many compounds or conditions in parallel
LightSwitch Luciferase Assay System
The LightSwitch Luciferase Assay System is a complete solution for studying transcriptional & post-transcriptional gene regulation in living mammalian cells. It enables you to directly measure the functional activity of promoters and 3´UTRs through use of an engineered luciferase gene (RenSP) and optimized assay & transfection reagents that ensure superior, reproducible results. In addition to Validated Pathway Collections, the LightSwitch System includes collections of over 30,000 cloned human promoter reporter constructs and human 3´UTR reporter constructs, miRNA mimics and inhibitors, as well as collections of synthetic long-range response element constructs and synthetic 3´UTRs target validation constructs that can provide more sensitivity than endogenous sequences.
Advantages of the LightSwitch Luciferase Assay System
- Quantitative – Novel RenSP luciferase technology allows you to measure promoter activity with industry-leading sensitivity and dynamic range.
- Simple, fast, complete solution – With pre-cloned LightSwitch Reporter vectors and optimized transfection & assay reagents, you can study regulation of your gene today. No cloning, DNA preparation or optimization is needed, and most studies do not require any internal transfection controls.
- Comprehensive and verified – The genome-wide LightSwitch Reporter Collections are sequence-verified, transfection-ready promoter and 3´UTR reporter vectors.
- Functionally insightful – Learn about the actual effects of transcription factor binding to verify computational predictions and supplement microarray or sequencing data.
- Cost-effective – Efficiently screen for activation and/or repression using a multitude of conditions.
The CREB Biomarker Set contains 5 µg aliquots each of 8 promoter reporter constructs and 2 housekeeping promoter constructs (ACTB & DNAJB9) for use as controls. Click on the links below for clone information.
The CREB Profiling Plate includes 88 promoter reporter constructs and 8 transfection control constructs (4 constructs from housekeeping genes with promoter activities of varying strengths (P1-P4), and 4 constructs with random 1 kb fragments (R1-R4)). To download a plate map with links to clone information, please click here.